School Fees (2017-2018)
Deposit payable at registration $165.00
FEES FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR (September 5, 2017 to June 23, 2018: 41 weeks)
|FULL-TIME PROGRAM:||5 day/wk program||$10250.00|
|PART-TIME PROGRAM:||2 day/wk program||$4680.00|
|3 day/wk program||$6890.00|
|4 day/wk program||$9020.00|
- The child will benefit from a full BILINGUAL Montessori educational program taught by qualified teachers from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Childcare is included at no extra charge, from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. and from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. After 6:00 p.m. there is a late fee of $1.00 per minute, payable directly to the staff member in charge.
- The children enjoy a complete music program given by a professional music teacher. Music classes are on Wednesdays and Thursdays (a half hour class in the afternoon – each child has one class per week, about 15-20 children per group). Classes include learning songs, using the percussion instruments, learning the rhythm of the music, practising some folk dancing routines, learning about music around the world, and much more. These classes are an integral part of the Montessori Program.
- A child’s introduction to science program given by qualified teaching staff. The purpose of the science program is to encourage the child’s natural interest in how things work. The goal is to open the child’s mind to the possibilities and the joy of scientific discovery so that as he/she progresses throughout his/her schooling he/she will be open to this type of learning.
- Spanish for Pre-schoolers taught by our Spanish teachers in our Prekindergarten and our Junior Pre-K (3 year old) group. Learning Spanish allows the child to appreciate the joy of learning a new language and motivates the child to continue with different languages later on in his/her education.
- A wonderful gardening and baking program for children is given by our in-house Italian Chef Pina. The children learn about where food comes from, they plant an herb and a vegetable garden, they learn about good nutrition, and they learn how much fun it can be to create their own little breads, cookies, pizza, and more!
- All educational material and school supplies are included in the school fees. (Markers, notebooks, craft supplies, etc. are all provided by the school). There is no school uniform. Children should be dressed in comfortable play clothing.
- An excellent hot, nutritious meal with milk is served every day at lunch (please see the school monthly menu for a detailed description). The menu can be modified for allergies or specific food requirements.
- Milk is provided at snack time (approx 9:45 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.). Note: Snack is not included. Parents are asked to send two healthy snacks each day.
Important Note: Food brought to the school for snack or parties must be free of all nuts or traces of nuts due to serious allergy problems. Please read labels. Anything with nuts (almonds, walnuts, peanuts, hazelnuts, etc.) is not permitted. Products labelled “may contain traces of nuts” are also prohibited. Home baked snacks must be accompanied by a note stating they are nut-free. Thank you for your help.
For your convenience, fees are divided into ten payments, as follows: ALL POSTDATED CHEQUES MUST BE GIVEN ON DATE OF REGISTRATION. (Your child is not registered until we have all the postdated cheques.) PLEASE NOTE: If your child is starting AFTER the beginning of the school year, please confirm the required payments with the office.
On date of registration: $165.00 + 10 postdated cheques made out to Montessori Pointe Claire.
Note: NSF cheque fee is $18.00. Any NSF cheque must be replaced by a certified cheque or cash.
The school reserves the right to cancel registration if payments are not made on time and in full.
Approximate charge for field trips and special events is $10.00-$80.00 per month.
These optional events can include:
- Swimming Lessons