Introduction to the Academic Year
Our academic year runs from the beginning of September (the first working Monday of the month) to June 23rd of the following year for a total of 40 weeks of school. Registration is possible at other times during the year if there are available openings. Registration for the summer (June 25 to end August) is part of our summer camp option and is optional (although lots of fun!).
Parents choose a program for 2, 3, 4 or 5 days per week. All programs are for full days with time of arrival and departure being flexible.
Children are registered for one of the following age groups:
- 18 months to 2 1⁄2 years – Early socialization program
- 2 1⁄2 to 3 1⁄2 years – Pre-school program
- 3 1⁄2 to 4 1⁄2 years – Junior pre-kindergarten program
- 4 1⁄2 to 5 years – Senior pre-kindergarten and Kindergarten programs
Parents are encouraged to visit the school with their child to observe our classes in progress and to give their child an introduction to his/her potential new environment.
Places for the academic year are limited and are allocated on a first-come first-served basis.
Come for a tour! Visits typically last about a half hour during which time you can ask all of your questions and we will be happy to answer them. You will have the opportunity to visit our classrooms “in action”. To be able to best devote our attention to you when you arrive for a tour we ask that you call ahead or email to book an appointment. If you are not able to come for a visit registration may be also be done via phone and email. Once you have decided that your child is starting at Montessori Pointe Claire you will need to:
- Confirm with the school office that a place is available for your child. If places are not available you will have the option to place your child on a waiting list.
- Complete the Registration Contract and Pickup Authorization forms. If your child is starting during the summer period you will also need to complete the Summer Camp registration form.
- You can drop by with your registration, send everything by mail, or email your forms to email@example.com and drop off or mail your cheques.
- Your registration needs to include your registration fee payment and the full series of postdated cheques for the academic year (and summer camp if applicable). Note, for children starting at any time other than September or summer camp months, fees are pro-rated and exact payments will be confirmed by the school office.
- In the (one or two) weeks before your child starts you are asked to call or email to book your orientation visits for yourself and your child.