When your child first starts school, please bring the following items that are to
stay at the school:
- A pair of “inside shoes”: We strongly prefer running shoes with Velcro (to help the child develop independence). ALL shoes must have non-marking (white) soles.
- Two full changes of clothes in a Ziploc bag: Shirt, pants, underwear and socks (adjust according to season)(Note: for 4 and 5 year olds, only one change of clothes is needed)
- A “crib-size” blanket for naptime. No pillows please (Note: a blanket is not needed for children registered in pre-kindergarten as there is no nap
If your child is in diapers:
- 18 month-2 1/2 year group (classroom 3): bring a large bag of diapers and a box of thick wet wipes (unscented). The teachers will provide you with a complete list of items needed.
- 2 ½-3 1/2 year old group (classroom 4): your child will need pull-ups (not diapers). The teachers will provide you with a list of necessary items.
Each day that your child attends, he/she will need to bring:
- Two snacks (for morning and afternoon) in an insulated lunch box with a cold pack
What should I send for snacks?
- Cut up fruit or vegetables
- Yogurt (no yogurt “tubes” for the 2 or 3 -year olds)
- Crackers and cheese
- A muffin
- A small sandwich
- HEALTHY SNACKS (no chocolate or candy!)
You do not need to send juice unless you wish to do so. Milk is provided at the school during snack time.