When your child first starts school, please bring the following items that are to
stay at the school:
- A pair of “inside shoes”: We strongly prefer running shoes with Velcro (to help the child develop independence). ALL shoes must have non-marking (white) soles.
- Two full changes of clothes in a Ziploc bag: Shirt, pants, underwear and socks (adjust according to season)(Note: for 4 and 5 year olds, only one change of clothes is needed)
- A “crib-size” blanket for naptime. No pillows please (Note: a blanket is not needed for children registered in pre-kindergarten as there is no nap
If your child is in diapers:
- 18 month-2 1/2 year group (classroom 3): bring a large bag of diapers and a box of thick wet wipes (unscented). The teachers will provide you with a complete list of items needed.
- 2 ½-3 1/2 year old group (classroom 4): your child will need pull-ups (not diapers). The teachers will provide you with a list of necessary items.
Each day that your child attends, he/she will need to bring:
- Two snacks (for morning and afternoon) in an insulated lunch box with a cold pack
What should I send for snacks?
- Cut up fruit or vegetables
- Yogurt (no yogurt “tubes” for the 2 or 3 -year olds)
- Crackers and cheese
- A muffin
- A small sandwich
- HEALTHY SNACKS (no chocolate or candy!)
You do not need to send juice unless you wish to do so. Milk is provided at the school during snack time.
SNACKS CONTAINING NUTS OR ANYTHING LABELLED “WITH TRACES OF NUTS” CANNOT BE SENT TO THE SCHOOL. PLEASE READ THE LABELS CAREFULLY.